The Government of the Commonwealth of Dominica in collaboration with the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is implementing the GEF funded project that requires the services of A Low Carbon Officer. The Project is entitled "Low Carbon Development Path (LCDP): Promoting energy efficient applications and solar photovoltaic technologies in streets, outdoor areas and public buildings in island communities nationwide".
The objective of the Project is the removal of the policy, technical and financial barriers to energy-efficient applications and solar photovoltaic technologies in Dominica's streets, outdoor areas and public buildings nationwide. This will be achieved through 3 components with the following outcomes:
- improved knowledge, awareness and institutional capacity on EE applications and solar PV through demonstrations of their deployment in Dominica;
- the uptake of EE applications and solar PV technology is promoted through adoption of new institutional arrangements, and policy and enforcement measures; and
- scaled-up EE applications and RET investments through implementation of newly proposed financial and institutional mechanisms
Applications accompanied by Curriculum Vitae should be addressed to:
The Permanent Secretary
Ministry of Health and Environment
You may also want to view the Terms of Reference (PDF, 91 KB) for the Low Carbon Officer.
- Priority will be given to nationals of the Commonwealth of Dominica
- Only shortlisted applicants will be notified